Physiotherapy for ligament swelling

Hey everyone. My son loves playing football. He plays football very frequently. Last his ligament got injured. We carried out ligament surgery for the same. But still, he has a certain amount of pain. As per doctor's word it may take time to reduce the pain as it will reduce as the tissue heals. But now pain doesn’t settle as expected and it has become chronic. The doctor told us to undergo physiotherapy treatment ( )for the same as Physiotherapists can work with us to assess the issue and provide a targeted exercise and rehabilitation programme that will ease your suffering and get you back to your best. But as he is doing his graduation, I don't think he has sufficient time for this physiotherapy treatment if it needs a long period of hospitalization? How long should he be hospitalized? Is there a need for regular reviews?

  1. Ada1 month ago

    Rachel878, first of all, that’s so sad of you. I can imagine through which dilemma you are going through. I know it hurts. When your brave and adult son lies on bed and helpless. A mom can’t see him sticking on the bed. I think you should take a break from his institution and then go for treatment. Because you don’t know the severity but doctors know. So it’s better to get treatment in spite of waiting for some other time.

  2. camillenanjala3 weeks ago

    In many cases, a mild to moderately swollen knee may be treated at home. A doctor should be contacted if. The knee is severely swollen or has a pronounced abnormality. The knee cannot fully straighten or flex. The knee is severely painful (e.g. the pain is not adequately treated with over-the-counter medication). The person cannot bear weight on the knee, or feels as if the knee is going to "give out". The skin over the knee turns hot or red. The person has a fever of 100.4 or higher. Swelling has been present for 3 or more days. A doctor will examine the patient's knee and ask the patient several questions. The physical examination and patient interview may provide enough information to make an accurate diagnosis. If more information is needed, the doctor may recommend imaging (e.g., X-ray) or arthrocentesis, which can yield additional clues. When a patient has a swollen knee, a doctor may want to verify or rule out certain diagnoses by analyzing the accumulated fluid. To do this, the doctor will remove fluid from the swollen knee joint or bursa using a needle and syringe. This process is called arthrocentesis, or joint aspiration.

Please Log in to reply